Legal Associate at Prospa Technology Limited – TDPel Jobs
Prospa Technology– Prospa is a bank for Nigerian entrepreneurs. We’re building the financial operating system for African entrepreneurs and businesses. Using our intuitive and beautifully designed mobile and web application, entrepreneurs are able to manage all their business and banking in one place.
We are backed by Y Combinator, and some of the most well respected and prolific investors, builders and operators in the US, Africa and Europe like Immad Akund (CEO @ mercury.com), Microtraction and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Associate
Job Type: Full Time
- We’re hiring a legal associate to join our growing team. As our legal associate you’ll work collaboratively across teams, providing support on legal matters.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide sound advice, on commercial compliance and legal matter
- Manage & liaise with external legal counsel
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all applicable statutory or regulatory requirements
- Assist with the development, revision, and/or implementation of a contract management system, compliance policies, and best practice procedures
- Drive awareness with regulatory and statutory directives and requirements
- Liaise and engage regulatory bodies/authorities
- Keep abreast of, monitor and analyse regulatory trends and changes in regulatory directives, rules and regulations
- Prepares and assists with legal and corporate filings and reports
- Work on business registration and incorporation.
Who We’re looking for
- Advanced critical and possess legal reasoning skills
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Ability to project manage to a high standard
- Organizational and collaborative skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent negotiation skills.
What you’ll need
- Experience working as a legal associate or legal assistant in a corporate establishment or in a law firm
- Experience working with agreements, including drafting and preparing simple amendments to standard templates
- Ability to work with a wide range of contract types including service agreements, amendments, addendums, schedules and statements of work
- Experience supporting a legal team in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Understand & implement various CBN reporting requirements (CBN-CRMS), and closely work with Finance and engineering to manage reporting and compliance obligations.
- Experience with legal software solutions (e.g., contract lifecycle management, workflow automation, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor of Laws from a reputable university & member of the Nigeria Bar Association with preferred or equivalent practical experience
- Previous tech industry or handling assignments or projects within fintech is a huge plus
- Salary Range: N200,000 – N250,000
- Medical cover
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Career development opportunities.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online